2009年1月18日日曜日

car & mental stability

i just finished the second week of winter quarter. though i was so reluctant to come back to la jolla and start a new quarter, i'm surprisingly doing pretty good so far.
i'm taking 3 courses: ethnic studies theory, cultural studies methodology and u.s. imperialism. there are 4-6 students in classes, which makes it so much easier for me to speak up in the class. i feel more comfortable since i don't have to feel like i have to prove myself to everyone else in the class. i can simply make comments or raise questions.
another, more important factor, that makes me more stable mentally is the car. i bought a car from a zainichi korean dealer last month and i've driven to l.a. twice already! having a car, thus having the freedom of mobility helps me to deal with la jolla shit, where no decent public transportation operates and no real "neighborhood" exists!
having controll over my own mobility is so significant especially when i'm already dealing with so many stressful things in my life. i can drive to the beach and relieve my stress whenever i want and i need! i can come visit my dear friends in irvine and claremont now. thinking about it is enough to make me happy :) my next drive to l.a. is next saturday. to celebrate my friend's 25th bday!!!!!

0 件のコメント: