2008年2月16日土曜日

hello from seoul

okay, it's time to start reporting what i have been doing in seoul. it's been exactly 6 weeks since i arrived in seoul. living in the shitty "hasuk" (dorm-type of housing: there's usually an ajumma who cooks meals & cleans bathrooms and other shared area) that i found online while i was in japan. so happy i am moving to a new place next weekend! can't wait.

anyways here's my ty
pical daily schedule:

7:00 getting up
7:45 breakfast
8:25 walking to school
9:00 attending classes
13:00 classes end
13:30 lunch
15:00 homework
19:00 dinner
20:00 homework/meeting friends
24:00 going to bed

i had my first mid-term this week, so my schedule was crazy.
when i was not eating, i was studying... there are just so many things that you have to memorize. learning languages is totally different from learning other subjects. it does not require intelligence or any complicated way of thinking, but EFFORTS and COMMITTMENT. so, i had to do good on tests. otherwise, i would be so disappointed at myself. so glad it's all done and was much much easier than i had expected.

by the way, leaning the language is not th
e only purpose why i decided to live in seoul. during my spare time, i try going out and meeting new people. fortunately, i knew some folks, who know my conflicts of being in south corea as "zainichi corean" and interests on other diasporic coreans as well as issues pertaining to social justice works, have been introducing me to other folks. so i do not need to waste my limited time here meeting people that i don't really want to and have little meanings to my life.

however, since i am not going to geneva any more and will be in seoul until at least at the end of june, i will have time to meet people who i think i don't need to, but maybe interesting and help me grow as a person in different ways. who knows.

so, i'll be introduing people, stuff and my random throughts that i want to share with other people on this blog. i don't know how often i am able to write, but when i do hope you all enjoy.

0 件のコメント: